Professor Dumbledore is in a particularly mischievous mood - he has hidden four coloured pegs, and asks you to guess which colours he has chosen and in what order he has arranged them.
How to play:
- First, choose which four colours you want to play with. To the right of the board there is a peg palette offering six possible colours (the current ones have a white border - click them to select/deselect them). The default colours are blue, red, yellow and green.
- Then click on 'Start' and fill the bottom row with four pegs - change the peg colour by clicking it on the peg palette.
- Every time you complete a row, the good professor will indicate how many colours you got right:
Of course, he is not going to tell you which pegs he's talking about - that's for you to work out!
- A small white peg - there is a peg of the correct colour, but it is in the wrong place
- A small black peg - there is a peg of the correct colour and it is in the right place! Four small black pegs means you've won!
- You get eight guesses - then the headmaster will reveal the answer and the game ends.
- If you want to start again at any time, press 'End' to quit the current game.
Freeware mastermind applet written by Karl Hörnell